POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : thingy : Re: thingy Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thingy
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 17 May 2001 03:15:24
Message: <3b037a8c@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote in message
> Looks cool :)
>
> How did you get those round edges? I'm trying to model a letter 'C' by
taking a
> sphere, subtracting a cylinder through the centre(so it look like an 'o')
and
> then subtracting a box. I wan to get rid of those sharp edges afterwards.
I've
> still got about 15 saves left on Rhino1.1...
>
> Nekar

Try fillet edge or fillet surface (don't remember which). Adjust the fillet
size until it looks good.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *