POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Random : Re: Random Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random
From: yooper
Date: 16 May 2001 23:44:55
Message: <3b034937$1@news.povray.org>
Are those seed() statements placed together or into separate loops?  Maybe
they aren't getting accessed correctly in order to make changes when
appropriate.

Bob H.
--------
 Yup ... they are all part of the same #while loop - recalculating the
x & y positions for the center of 3 blob components.  But it seems to
me that each call to each of them, R0, R1 & R2 should only move to
the next sequence of each random string.
  I was sure that I just read a conversation somewhere here on one of
the boards about this very thing.  I just can't find where it was or who
was discussing it.  As a matter of fact, that's what gave me the idea
to do this . . . it all made sense but . . . . ?

  As I said, the help files don't tell me anything . . . there must be some
tutorial somewhere on using rand . . . will explore.

  Thanks Bob . . . will let U know when I finger it out.