POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ten : Re: ten Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ten
From: Batronyx
Date: 16 May 2001 23:25:46
Message: <3b0344ba$1@news.povray.org>
x@x.x wrote in message <3B0330D4.707BB4BE@x.x>...
>This is the number ten in pure set notation, shown as nested boxes.  So
>you can see what is happening more clearly, I also included five done
>the same way and a two d version of ten that I did a while back in a
>paint program.

I think I follow this. . . at the least the 2d version. Starting with a single
small box and progressing first right and then down, repeat everything that came
before and enclose in another box to express it as a set, right?

Then just perform the process 10 times and finish with a single box to maintain
consistent set notation.

The 3 versions are harder to follow -- can't tell if you're going up,down left,
right or what. The 2d version would make an interesting texture pattern. BTW I'm
no math expert but I think this more like 'factorial' set notation.

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com
Bhuddist monk to hotdog vendor: