POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Random : Re: Random Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random
From: Bob H
Date: 16 May 2001 22:56:57
Message: <3b033df9@news.povray.org>
"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message

> I want to use three random strings . . . one for each object
> so that I can alter one without changing the other two.
>
> and then I loop though and call these a number of times.

Curious, because it sometimes seems to me that random numbers have trouble
too.  I'm always juggling the things around until it works which could be
part of the reason for my thinking so.
Are those seed() statements placed together or into separate loops?  Maybe
they aren't getting accessed correctly in order to make changes when
appropriate.

Bob H.