POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Python and POVRay : Re: Python and POVRay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python and POVRay
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 May 2001 09:00:09
Message: <3b0279d9@news.povray.org>
Daniel Lin <dli### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> How far along is this CSDL thing?

I haven't had much time to work on it, but I'm still deciding on how
the basic language syntax will be...the interpreter is not even
partially implemented.

> This question is akin to seeing into the future, but is CSDL a
> possibility for the scene description language for POV-Ray 4.0?

My CSDL project is entirely separate from and completely unrelated to
the POV-Team's work on POV 4.0. According to the last status report,
(http://www.povray.org/3.5-status.html), there may be a language
redesign, but the POV Team will be doing the language design.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom
Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/