POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bigtime MegaPov 0.7 CRASH! : Bigtime MegaPov 0.7 CRASH! Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Bigtime MegaPov 0.7 CRASH!
From: GrimDude
Date: 16 May 2001 07:50:07
Message: <3b02696f$1@news.povray.org>
I moved to a new system AMD 800 Duron on an Epox 8kta3 MB with the latest
BIOS, 128 Megs PC 100 RAM. Partial renderings with scenes that used to
render fine now crash to a black screen. No error message is reported, no
warning, just "black screen." The scene I have been working with involves
rather large models, so I couldn't post a scene very easily. I will attempt
to find a similar situation, but you can probably see why I might shy away
from too much of it.

The scene that is crashing has an H_F, sky_sphere, cloud layer, water, and
aircraft (of course), with several very 'deep' textures and materials,
motion_blur, etc. I'm not sure as to what exactly I should be concentrating
on to replicate the problem.

If anyone has a suggestion as to what to try I am all ears.

Grim