POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel 3 (70k) : Re: water tunnel 3 (70k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel 3 (70k)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 15 May 2001 11:57:20
Message: <3b0151e0$1@news.povray.org>
news:3B013298.F49B85B0@gmx.de...

> Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >
> >     If you were to present this as a photo to someone who didn't know
you
> > did POV, it would pass without question.
>
> Not sure about that, the water structure for example seems quite too
> regular to me.

    Right, but if the observer didn't -suspect- any trickery, it would pass.
They probably wouldn't even notice the regularity and if they did they would
simply wonder at it, not assume that it must be a fake.

    I think that we who do know better are much more discerning than the
average guy and it is helpful to remember that when tweaking an image for
weeks. Another week to get the light on the underside of a leaf that most
people won't even notice may not be worth it...