POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tunnel (WIP #2) : Tunnel (WIP #2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Tunnel (WIP #2)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 15 May 2001 03:14:27
Message: <3b00d753@news.povray.org>
I played around with isosurfaces for the floor, but I really don't have a
good idea how they work, and also the render time would have gone through
the roof. I also tried to put some heightfield mountains in the scene but I
just couldn't get the scaling right, the end of the tunnel is 200 units away
so it makes sense to play the heightfield far away, more than 1000 units,
but I couldn't get it to look right. Despite these problems and a few others
I have made some progress. The script now automatically creates the mortar
and I have randomly rotated the floor tiles, too much perhaps. One thing I
would like to do would be to randomly add some grass/plants in the cracks on
the floor. I'm not sure quite how to do this. It would be nice if I could
have more plants near the walls of the tunnel, but to do this I would need
some form of a probability function, that would make the likelihood of a
plant appearing greater as you approached the walls. Does anyone know how I
could do this, and at the same time restrict the plants to the mortar
spaces?

I used MegaPov radiosity and an arealight here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Tunnel 2.JPG' (68 KB)

Preview of image 'Tunnel 2.JPG'