POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Python and POVRay : Re: Python and POVRay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python and POVRay
From: Daniel Lin
Date: 14 May 2001 22:09:26
Message: <3b008fd6@news.povray.org>
"Daniel Lin" <dli### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> How far along is this CSDL thing?  This question is akin to seeing into
the
> future, but is CSDL a possibility for the scene description language for
> POV-Ray 4.0?
> (just wondering)
I'm wondering because I was thinking about creating a XMLish scene
description language with scripting capabilities, sorta like Microsoft's WSH
files, when I ran across this thread.  BTW, if an alternate scene
description language comes into existence, would a pre-processor or a custom
build of POV-Ray be preferred?  (not like I have the programming ability to
do either, but, hey, I can dream, right?)