POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Treasuring" (3rd Attempt of Subsurface scattering) : Re: "Treasuring" (3rd Attempt of Subsurface scattering) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Treasuring" (3rd Attempt of Subsurface scattering)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 May 2002 21:58:41
Message: <3algeu47brdrli2nob33c7pjfkq7crh8hp@4ax.com>
On Sun, 19 May 2002 13:44:54 +0200, Tim Nikias <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>In reality, the heart isn't so far to the left than many
>people think,

LOL, I know, that's highschool biology. In face I've dissected one
myself back in 9th grade <evil scientist grin>

>but in the case of this image it would also
>ruin the subsurface-scattering of the woman, probably
>making her left breast glow,

Maybe just a bit to the left, as a compromise of sorts? :)

>which wouldn't look too
>good, because its about the love and warmth that comes
>from inside, not her breasts... ;)

I could guess as much... I once did a picture of a woman silhouette
made of ice, all in flames on the outside, and her heart was burning,
too. Something along the lines that the fire of love can thaw even the
coldest heart. Unfortunately, the pattern I made for the ice
accidentally resulted in a pretty accurate (for such an abstract
picture) depiction of certain parts of her body, so accurate that
everyone I showed it to asked something like 'Did you really need to
go into *that* much detail?" It turned out to be all but romantic :(

Anyway, you seem to have more luck than me :) Your images are always
very emotional. That's why I like them. You also pay attention to such
details, as your reply shows, so that they don't spoil the intent.
Really good work overall and on this image in particular.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg