POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?) : Re: Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?)
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 14 May 2001 06:33:48
Message: <3affb48c@news.povray.org>
Simon Lemieux <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> It seems exactly what I need, but I was wondering if the hair could have a
> personnal color_map applied?  And how can I convert my blob into a mesh
object?

The macro file includes a number of texturing options, including the ability
to assign a pigment map to the hair so that each hair takes on the colour of
the map at the point from which it grows (rather than simply applying a
texture to the union of hair objects after they have been placed).

To convert arbitrary objects to a mesh (tessellation) your best bet is
probably Ron's trace function - I believe a macro was created to do this
(TriScan).  Check the POV Links for a download...