POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon : Re: Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon
From: Bob H
Date: 13 May 2001 22:47:51
Message: <3aff4757$1@news.povray.org>
"Simon Lemieux" <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
>   I need to get rid of the shadows made by other polygon on a special
one...
> the other polygons need the shadows but not this one.  This polygon should
have
> an ambient lighting and no shadow.
>
> The shadow is created by a point light...  Is there anything that can do
this?
> (clipped_by? no_shadow?, etc...)

If it's a separate polygon statement (a CSG of several of those?) then I'd
expect no_shadow to do just that.  Hmm, no, I misread what you were saying.

How about MegaPov and the light groups?  That could do it. Assign all but
the singled out polygon to one light, then another light just for the
unshadowed one.
So... if it's a polygonal section of one polygon statement I guess you'll
need to break it up into more than one polygon statement first.

Bob H.