POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?) : Re: Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding coord of edge of object (trace func?)
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 13 May 2001 06:31:42
Message: <3afe628e@news.povray.org>
Simon Lemieux <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>   I remember a long time ago when someone made a macro for hairs along an
> object.  Well, I would be in need of such thing, but I need them not to be
> hairs, and not on a sphere, but more like a blob and cylinders, cones...
etc...

I do have a Hair Generator that works with my Compressed Mesh macro file:

    http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/pcm.hrml

This operates on compressed triangle meshes or bicubic patches (as created
by Warp's Mesh Compressor), but it can be used to create many things besides
hair (such as scales, grass, bubbles, etc).  And the ideas in the file could
be adapted to use MegaPOV's trace function, if you don't want to convert
your objects to triangle meshes...