POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first (working script) : My first (working script) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  My first (working script)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 12 May 2001 19:36:21
Message: <3afdc8f5@news.povray.org>
IF you were wondering what the hell I was talking about in my previous post
you can forget about it, I solved the problem, actually I simply realized
that what I was trying to do didn't make any sense at all, and that there
was a far easier way of doing it. I've posted a sample picture here. It
should be very easy to make this into a macro. The script is quite flexible,
you can change the width, height, and length of the bricks, the width of the
mortar, and the width, height and length of the tunnel. There are still some
things I need to do. For example I'd like to be able to stagger the bricks
so that they don't all line up. I don't know how to do this, I could
translate every second row twice the amount I translate the other rows, but
I'm not sure how to do this in the while loops I'm using, maybe someone can
help? The other thing I'm going to do is add some randomness into the scene,
take a look at my next post and let me know if there is a better way of
handling randomness. Please take a look at the source file for this image in
p.t.scene-files and let me know what you think, this is my first try at
scripting so feedback would be helpful.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'brick.JPG' (41 KB)