POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A dangerous spider : Re: A dangerous spider Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A dangerous spider
From: JRG
Date: 12 May 2001 16:24:09
Message: <3afd9be9@news.povray.org>
"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Yikes !!!!
>    But can it spin steel webbing to trap it's prey ?

It would be a nice *touch*...

>    The hairs or bristles make it look more organic than
> robotic but they do look cool.

Actually that's what it was intended to be, but finally I decided that the
robotic version of the spider (in the final scene there will be several
ones) was more *interesting*.

>   As an aside ... I love that plane ... just a dark plane
> with reflection and a sky sphere ?  Values used ?

Yeah, just a reflective plane to see the bottom of the spider...
Anyway that's the code:

plane {y,0
pigment {rgb <.6,.8,1>*.3}
finish {diffuse .5 specular .2 roughness 0.1 reflection 0.2*<.6,.8,1>}
}

Uh, ambient 0 by default.

Actually the skysphere is not a skysphere, but an image map (sky.tga found
in a folder of 3dwin) wrapped around a sphere (boooh). This scene has
nothing to do with the final scene, I just wanted to see if my spider looked
good (it is a quite common test scene: sky and reflective plane...).

Cheers,
JRG