POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : icicles macro render [~45KB Jpg] : Re: icicles macro render [~45KB Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: icicles macro render [~45KB Jpg]
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 May 2001 07:03:23
Message: <3afbc6fa@news.povray.org>
Bob H. <omn### [at] msncom> wrote:

> Those sound dangerous or property-damaging to me.  Largest ones I get here
> are from a feeble little spring out of a slab of rock, only a meter long at
> most.

Property damaging? Yes, they can do things like pull off gutters, do
damage when they fall on things...we were a little worried it would
break off at the top and fall through a window. Then there's damage
from the ice itself...it managed to cleanly remove a good amount of
paint by creeping under it and expanding, and it can pry its way into
the house and form leaks.

Dangerous? Yep...that one was about 8-10 inches (about 20-25 cm)
across at the top, and remained thick for most of its length...that's
a lot of water, very heavy, and most of it elevated above head level.

We eventually broke it off ourselves, to make sure it didn't do
anything.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom
Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/