POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel 2 (63k) : Re: water tunnel 2 (63k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel 2 (63k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 10 May 2001 12:06:45
Message: <3afabc95@news.povray.org>

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, 17 lines --]

> Not sure if this is much improved, but it is much slower now: about 75
> hours.  I think i will try to optimize things like using heightfields for
> the upper bricks.

> I dimmed the light a bit, but it turns out to be quite dark now.
> Radiosity quality is even lower than before so the shadow parts look quite
> messy.

> I really need a faster computer...

Don't we all...

There seems to be a repititive element in the four stones at the waterline
on the left.  Each has the same funky light/dark patch at thenear end.
Looking closes, a similar sort of funkiness is happening on the next row up.
I don't know if it's a trick of the light (heh) or a glitch in your
randomization process, but you might want to play with that a bit.

Other than that, it looks excellent.  The splotchy darness actually works
well for me, as there's reflections from the water.

Geoff