POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ordinary icicles, photons & media used [~39KB Jpg] : Re: ordinary icicles, photons & media used [~39KB Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ordinary icicles, photons & media used [~39KB Jpg]
From: yooper
Date: 9 May 2001 21:19:58
Message: <3af9ecbe@news.povray.org>
the sharpness - real icicles are a bit round on the sharp end. Quite
close to the size of a waterdrop, for obvious reasons :-).
-----

depends on whether it's adding ice or melting . . . I often take the large
ones off my eaves and stick them upside down around my bird feeder . . .
make for a nice light show and as they melt, the tip becomes needle thin.
(not all that much to do in Winter in da UP, eh?)