POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk : Re: Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk
From: Bob H
Date: 8 May 2001 23:18:32
Message: <3af8b708$1@news.povray.org>
Try putting diffuse 0 into the haze plane finishes.  Thing about reflections
(and specular highlights) is that regardless of transparency the object will
tend to show.

I see that the lathe/camera defect is there, aligned where the camera height
is at.  Wish that were preventable, other than moving the camera away from
any intersecting plane.
I've redone that scene file to be more of the actual thermometer I got for
Christmas, I wasn't modelling it directly from the real thing before.
Should I repost that?  It never got completed...

Bob H.

news:3AF### [at] unixcccnottinghamacuk...