POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-Ray for MacOS X : Re: POV-Ray for MacOS X Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:39:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for MacOS X
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 May 2001 15:34:23
Message: <3af84a3f$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3AF6F13A.A68CFD82@yahoo.com> , Diego Krota <Xdk### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

> Ok, on the POV-Ray for MacOS Official site is written than there will be no
> POV for MacOS X soon, at lease until 4.0.

Where?

On the main page it says "The Mac FAQ now explains when Mac OS X will be
supported by POV-Ray.  [September 18, 2000]" and if you follow the link you
will find the FAQ at <http://mac.povray.org/support/faq.html#when_macosx>
and it says:

When will POV-Ray Mac support Mac OS X?

The current version of POV-Ray, which is 3.1g will not support Mac OS X. You
can of course run it using the Classic environment.

POV-Ray 3.5 will support Mac OS X and run as a Carbon application.

There will be two versions of POV-Ray 3.5 Mac, one for Carbon and one for
Mac OS 8.1 and later. We will not support System 7.x configurations.

Further, a word to all those developers who now think about making the
current POV-Ray Mac 3.1 source code Carbon compatible: Do not waste your
time! POV-Ray 3.5 will be a complete rewrite and support all the features we
have been missing, like multiple open scene text editor windows and much
more. You can read about it in the POV-Team Status Report.
<<

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.