POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My chess set : Re: My chess set Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My chess set
From: Bob H
Date: 8 May 2001 03:30:01
Message: <3af7a079@news.povray.org>
"Harold Baize" <bai### [at] itsaucsfedu> wrote in message
> I guess you don't play chess with obsessive compulsives very often ;-)

Ha! I wish I had said that.
I'm just such a person sometimes.  A chess set in particular must be exactly
aligned at the start.  I can lose to a 10 year old so unfortunately that
doesn't mean I can play well.

> "Ryan Constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > to give your game the human touch, randomly position each piece within
> > its square and give it a random twist on its vertical axis.  in other
> > words, no human could place all of the pieces in the exact center of
> > each square and facing exactly forward.  nice job btw. :)

I like both kinds of setup; erratic or immaculate, either way.  Yet another
reason to do 3D rendering.
About the focal blurring maybe being overdone, I think of that in the same
way.  Or it has something to do with my eyesight and not always wearing my
glasses.

Bob H.