POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Julia fractals : Re: WIP Julia fractals Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Julia fractals
From: Harold Baize
Date: 7 May 2001 19:37:20
Message: <3af731b0@news.povray.org>
news:3AF7185B.1C62E77E@gmx.de...

> Looks nice, how long does it take to render?

640x480 with aa in 8m 49s with a 1Ghz Pentium III.

> The clouds are not bad, but something made with Pov would fit better in
> the scene IMO.

I agree, it would be nice to have POV generated sky. I looked around
for some examples of realistic looking clouds but decided to use real
ones for two reasons: 1. Better looking than the best I could do with
POV.  2. I am thinking of entering the image into Photographic Society of
America competitions and they're considering making it a requirement
that all entries be more than 50% photographic in origin by surface area.
My primary interest is in stereoscopic imaging, whether photo or rendered.
I like to combine the two, but the photographers don't like it because
much of it is computer rendered, and the computer graphics people
don't like that it has photographic elements. Me, I just like the 3D!

Harolddd