POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : POV-Ray for MacOS X : Re: POV-Ray for MacOS X Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:54:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for MacOS X
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 May 2001 17:04:54
Message: <3af70df5@news.povray.org>
Diego Krota <Xdk### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Ok, on the POV-Ray for MacOS Official site is written than there
> will be no POV for MacOS X soon, at lease until 4.0.

It does not say that...it says:
"POV-Ray 3.5 will support Mac OS X and run as a Carbon application."

> Ok, not the complete app with editor and Mac stuff, but what about
> compiling a plain shell based *nix version?

I've done it with the current version, it seems to work fine...it
should be just as easy when 3.5 is released.
BTW, you may find the unofficial versions on this page interesting:
http://homepage.mac.com/ez4/
There is a CLI shell version, and a Cocoa GUI for it.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom
Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/