POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Poser Modelling : Re: Poser Modelling Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Modelling
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 7 May 2001 08:06:10
Message: <3af68fb2@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote:

>>What very advanced users do
>> is that they create Poser models from scratch in external modellers and
> then
>> make them posable in Poser.

> This is what I'd like to do as i don't think I could do a pegasus for
> instance with morph targets and still pose the wings in poser.
> How can I make a model posable in Poser 3?

If you go to the poser site, you can download a pdf of "Advanced Techniques"
The advanced manual talks about how to take a mesh from an external program
and make it posable.  Unfortunately, it doesn't do a really good job, and
the info you really need is all over the place.  There is a website (url I
can't find atm) that takes some simple shapes and takes you through the
process, to give you an idea how it's done.  Should be able to find it by
bouncing around to various poser sites.

Geoff