POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightening macro... : Re: Lightening macro... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightening macro...
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 6 May 2001 08:17:03
Message: <3af540bf$1@news.povray.org>
"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message

> Now, see ... this doesn't work for me ... now I see the box in front of
> the lightning

    In that case you are viewing them wall-eyed, by relaxing your eyes until
they become parallel (or, in my case, a few degrees wider than parallel),
instead of cross-eyed, stressing them to point more towards each other.

    To see them cross-eyed, try holding your finger about 6 in from your
eyes and look at the tip. Then, while keeping your finger in focus, look at
the revised image I posted.

    Cross-eyed works better for images whose centers are further apart then
the centers of the average person's eyes. Wall-eyed works best for small
images or those computer generated composite images.