POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) : Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB)
From: yooper
Date: 4 May 2001 20:44:56
Message: <3af34d08$3@news.povray.org>
yooper: Interesting idea to leave blobs components
along a flock trail. I'll give this a thought (or two).
----------

I was thinking about how roots often grow around one another . . .
and then I flashed on how the flocking algorithum employs a
collision detection function ( just what Christoph suggested be used
with an l-system algorithm).  Of course, this brings to mind your
Antiblobs . . . they also *avoid* the other components space.

I was thinking about this all night at work . . . (these things alwayz
bug me until I find a resolution ;) and I wondered if you had yet
expanded your Antiblob macro to include AntiCylinders ?  I have
no experience with them and I may be wrong but . . . doesn't POVray
or MegaPOV allow cylinders to be affected by the blob thing?
If so, then it might be possible to use tapered, curved Antiblob
cylinders to simulate growth that would have that avoid feature.

got tonz of ideas . . .
& no time to follow up on any of 'em.  sad, ain't it   ;(
but I'm happy to give them away . . . as long as someone can use them ;)