POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I think that'll be final - Schiff3.jpg (93 kb) : Re: I think that'll be final - Schiff3.jpg (93 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think that'll be final - Schiff3.jpg (93 kb)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 4 May 2001 03:59:27
Message: <3af2615f$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann schrieb in Nachricht <3AF117AC.1E2246CE@gmx.de>...

>Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what do you think about this one? (Please ignore the jpeg-artefacts)
>>

>Nice, when do we get to see the full quality screen size version? :-)

What size do you want? :-) 640x480 took a bit more than 10 hours, so
1280x1024 would take a bit long. 1024x768 would be okay for me, though.

>The scaling seems much better now although you probably did not change
>much in that aspect.

I scaled the waves down and obviously changed positioning. Now it's easier
to see the positions of the objects relative to each other, which makes the
scaling clearer - I guess.

>The waves at the front of the ship look nice, but there should be some
>additional V shape waves extending to the back.

Well .... I'll try next week. That missing waves bothered me too, but I was
to lazy and did not want to complicate the water-iso even more. It takes
about 90% rendertime to render that water-part of the image! But it's really
missing, so this one is not final yet.

Thanks for your comments,

Marc-Hendrik