POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Win2K Start-up Screen (PNG, ~89kau) : Re: Win2K Start-up Screen (PNG, ~89kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win2K Start-up Screen (PNG, ~89kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 3 May 2001 16:06:33
Message: <3af1ba49@news.povray.org>
> Nice! I like it!

Thanks! I'm glad you do. :)

> In Win9x the splash screen is only 320x400 pixels. In Win2000 it's 640x480
?

Yep. But instead of 256 colors, we only have 16. :\

> The O in POV look strangely familiar, yet not official. Hmm, can't let go?
> ;-)

No. :) I always liked mine more. I'll use the official one when needed, but
for my own uses I'll employ mine.

> Do you have any control over the gray area at the bottom? Over the blue
bar?
> Or is it added automatically? Does the blue bar "cycle" as in Win9x?

Oh, sure I could have changed it all, but I chose to leave it as-is. As far
as I can tell, it grabs that 10 pixel high blue area and just moves it to
the right and wraps to the left again to repeat, so I could put anything I
want there for it to shift. I can't tell it not to do it, though. The
"Starting up..." part has a blue progress bar that increments in separate
little blocks. The color of the background of the whole thing (not the grey
part, but like for the entire image) is determined by the first color of the
pallete and the color of the progress bar by the second color in the
pallete. I can change everything except the fact that the blue part cycles
and the little progress bar appears, so basically, I'd rather not go beyond
the blue band in my tweaking.