POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : I don't understand the slope pattern : Re: I don't understand the slope pattern Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I don't understand the slope pattern
From: Rune
Date: 3 May 2001 09:44:31
Message: <3af160bf@news.povray.org>
"Michael Andrews" wrote:
> Mind you, if the 'pigment_pattern' statement makes it
> into v3.5 it would probably be worth removing the
> convoluted extended syntax from 'slope'. You can do
> exactly the same effects with pigment_pattern and it
> as as easy to understand as the extended slope syntax.

Do you mean by using an average between a slope pigment and a gradient
pigment, or is there an easier way?

If that's what you mean, then yes, it might be as easy to understand, but
it'd take up many more lines of code to achieve the same effect and you'd
have to do some calculations to be able to control it as well.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated March 29)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org