POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu) : Re: Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu)
From: Batronyx
Date: 3 May 2001 00:44:03
Message: <3af0e213$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Ellis wrote in message <3aef2e00$1@news.povray.org>...

>"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
>> AC wrote:
>>
>> > wow :)
>>
>> I'll say :)
>>

>Thanks, but any chance of some more detailed constructive criticism as
>something feels a bit wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it?
>
>Kev

It quite impressive and serene. The objects seem properly scaled in relation
to one another, and both the water and the sky look quite natural.

As for what seems a bit wrong. . . Well, on the whole my eye feels cheated.
The fog is too dense, obscuring most of the texturing details and the ground
cover lacks sufficient variation in size, placement, and type to compensate.
As a result, I take it all in quickly rather than lingering over, and
appreciating the details. Then I get to the tree, an object with some
clarity, but its not all there. Somehow it has only managed to barely
squeeze itself into view in spite of all of the space available in the pi.

That's just my two cents. It's still better than anything I've ever done. :)

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com
Bhuddist monk to hotdog vendor: