POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mouse v2 WIP 31K : Re: Mouse v2 WIP 31K Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mouse v2 WIP 31K
From: Batronyx
Date: 2 May 2001 23:59:46
Message: <3af0d7b2$1@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote in message <3aef3b25@news.povray.org>...
>First post was "mouse trapped" around 10 March which explains the
>helmet. I been busy playing with Granny's old hair restorer -
>Trace(tm). Had lots of hassle avoiding bald bits and furry eyes. Nose
>and front paws still need attention, and need a decent texture to
>replace the simple pigment used here.

Excellent!!! I agree the front paws need some attention, but disagree with
your assessment of the nose; it looks just right to me. In fact you could
probably improve the area around the front paws by making it look more like
the nose; shorter, less coarse, etc.

I think the single best thing about this image is the way you have the fur
flowing with the contours of the body. Ironically, this shows 'best' around
the front paws, (probably because of the more direct view angle) but is
plainly evident elsewhere. Code?

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com