POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) : Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB)
From: yooper
Date: 2 May 2001 19:55:53
Message: <3af09e89@news.povray.org>
nice photo, Tor ...
  I have been to your web pages and I enjoy your photography.
I can see that why you are drawn to them and to POVray . . .
beautiful patterns and then the understanding them through trying
to simulate Ma Nature's scenes.
At least . . . that's what draws me in.

  I'm wondering if one calculated the positions of the objects
using a "flocking" algorithm as used in some ALife progs . . .
and placed spheres or blobs (or Antiblobs !!!) along each trail,
if the traces of their intertwining routes would look come anywhere
close to your pattern.

just a thought . . .
passed on to someone with more math skills than I ;)