POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Optimized POV for AMD? : Optimized POV for AMD? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Optimized POV for AMD?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 1 May 2001 08:44:46
Message: <3aeeafbe@news.povray.org>
Awhile back, there was discussion about some versions of POV optimized for
the AMD chips with 3D Now.  It could only be done with textures, as I
recall, because those are single precision, but even so produced noticeable
speed ups.

I've currently got a very complex set of textures and a very slow scene, and
I'd like to try this to see if it helps.  Does anyone know where I can get
this version of POV?  Actually, I need MegaPOV, if available, but the
optimizations should be the same either way.

Geoff