POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: odd iso-surface problem : Re: odd iso-surface problem Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: odd iso-surface problem
From: Quadhall
Date: 1 May 2001 00:49:21
Message: <3aee4051@news.povray.org>
David Wilkinson wrote in message

>In your code the abs function should include scaler.  With a bit of trial
and error I came up
>with the following which works;
>
>#declare scaler=(3^.5)/3;
>#declare checko=function{x+abs(y*scaler)}

Yep, I realized after I had posted the message that I put the m in the
equation y=mx+b on the wrong side.....oops.  I also, for some inexplicable
reason did not remove the two from the #declare of scaler.

should have put

#declare scaler=(3^.5);
#declare checko=function{x*scaler+abs(y)}

but thanks for the info, especially the bit about the need for a z rotation

Quadhall