POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ice Castle (40kbu) : Re: Ice Castle (40kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice Castle (40kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 28 Apr 2001 07:05:00
Message: <3aeaa3dc@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> It all looks really good, just the mountains seem quite ordinarily to me,
> some more interesting shape would be good.

I'm going to experiment with perlin noise and rmf later today.

> I'm not sure, i wrote some snow macro that uses blobs, but i never named
> it snow_blobs IIRC:

I had a look at that, it's not the same one. The start of the macro is as
follows

#macro snow_blobs()
  #declare high_x = 0;
  #declare low_x = 100;
  #declare high_z = 0;
  #declare low_z = 100;
  #declare R_Val = 0.1;
  #declare S_Val = 1.0;
  #declare R1 = seed(123);
  #declare R2 = seed(456);
  #declare R3 = seed(789);
  #declare R4 = seed(987);
  #declare R5 = seed(654);
  #declare x_count = XStart;

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *