POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Have I seen this somewhere? : Re: Have I seen this somewhere? Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I seen this somewhere?
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 27 Apr 2001 11:00:10
Message: <3ae9897a@news.povray.org>
Agreed - I'd be hard-pressed to give examples, but I know many scientific
discoveries have been reached almost simultaneously by independent groups
in different countries.  My discworld reference was more of a joke for
people who have read the books.  The way you worded your original statement
just reminded me of the way ideas are described in those books.  But I
agree about different people getting similar ideas.  And I don't think its
a bad thing to use someone elses work as inspiration for your own, as long
as you give credit.  That's usually the first thing I do when I'm
starting a new scene is search the web for photos or artwork I can use for
reference and immitate.

Ken