POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 27 Apr 2001 03:05:29
Message: <3ae91a39@news.povray.org>
ken schrieb in Nachricht <3AE8F16B.1B0299D2@pacbell.net>...
>Looks good, but the ship has no shear! You need to curve the side from
>stem to stern. This curve should be the bottom part of a circle. The
>earlier the time period of the ship, the smaller the circle. This curve
>is called the shear. This ship looks like it dates from about the 1300's
>to 1500's,  so the shear should be pronounced.

Thank you. Yeah, you are right - I struggled with that while modeling the
ship, but in the end I decided to let it the way it is. It's made for a
fantasy world, so I it will work there.
I bought a book about ship-modeling (with wood and glue etc.) just to get
some ideas, how the ship should look like. Helped a lot, but I droped some
details to make the modeling easier.

Marc-Hendrik