POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 27 Apr 2001 02:55:15
Message: <3ae917d3@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff schrieb in Nachricht ...
>The chain looks like it's links are about 3 feet wide, maybe bigger when
>comparing with the ship...either that's a really tiny ship made for tiny
>people, or that building and chain are really huge.

That chain is meant to be huge, right. Maybe it's a bit to much. The concept
is, that it will be pulled up to close the ports-entrance. as I don't know
what they used in ancient times for such things, I just made it big to make
clear no ship will be able to cross it :-)
The tower is about 15 meter high, the top of the masts of the ship about 35
above the waterlevel.

>The masts on the ship don't seem to taper, which looks odd.

They do tapper - a bit. Might have to change that.

>The flagpole on the building looks too thick to me.

Well yes, it's a bit strong.

>That building will be engulfed in flames pretty soon, with that bonfire
>going in it.

Again, you are probably right - there should be no roof at all to work.

Marc-Hendrik