POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 27 Apr 2001 02:45:25
Message: <3ae91585@news.povray.org>
Ross Litscher schrieb in Nachricht <3ae8b507@news.povray.org>...
>Hmm. There is something not quite right. Maybe it's a scale problem. I
think
>it is. But i don't know what is out of scale. Maybe the flame in the
>lighthouse. Maybe the waves.

Hm, I had the same thought once. The waves are probably wrong, I think they
should be scaled wider in the x and z direction (y is up), that might help.
That fire in the lighthouse is most likely to big. Some three meters high.

>I'm trying to picture everything in relation to
>a human standing in the scene some place.

Can you see the 4 Blobman in this scene :-) I usually modell everythink in a
one unit=1 meter scale which works quite good - usually.

>the clouds are really nice. they look quite realistic in their placement
and
>look.

Thank you. It's not much about them codewise, just a big scaled turbulated
wrinkle-pattern with a color_map from grey to total transparency.

>although what might look *really* nice is a line of clouds off in the
>distance where a cold front might be meeting a warm front. I always
remember
>when i was younger and out on the Atlantic trying to race back to the inlet
>before a storm moved in. It was always exciting and scarey, especially near
>dusk when the sun was just about to dip below the horizon. which, although
>the boats are different, this picture reminds me of.

I see. I'll keep that idea in mind for some other project, but I think it
would distroy the mood of this scene.

>generally it's a nice image :)

Thank you!