POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 27 Apr 2001 02:26:22
Message: <3ae9110e@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann schrieb in Nachricht <3AE89D29.637FE205@gmx.de>...
>>(up to 10 times faster Isos -
>> will this help with a simple RigdedMF?).
>
>With a simple RMF there is probably not that much gain in speed.

You might well be right - what a pitty!

>BTW, the water looks - hmm - not much like water :-)
>The surface turbulence seems quite strong, therefore the reflections of
>building and ship are hardly visible.  Maybe making the water flatter
>would help.

Yeah, I don't like it either. Flatten it might work and it should probably
be scaled a bit larger in x and z.

>The rest of the scene looks good, especially the atmosphere.

Thanks!

>Thanks, I did some new stuff with water recently and should really update
>that tutorial.  Things are quite incomplete and misleading right now.

At least it's a starting point and a reference to look at. It was of great
help for me, 'cause I did not work that much with finishes before.

Marc-Hendrik