POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: question concerning area lights.... : Re: question concerning area lights.... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question concerning area lights....
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 25 Apr 2001 18:53:15
Message: <3ae7555b@news.povray.org>
news:3AE72B62.2356DA79@gmx.de...
> That would surely be interesting, but on the other hand, each program
> tries to show it's strength in such scenes and at the same time tries to
> avoid the weak points. Copying such demo scenes would therefore show the
> ability to do the same things as another program, but would not show one
> of the main advantages of Povray, namely to handle a very large variety of
> different effects.

Yeah, so, add those scene files as well. POV should come with scene files
that show EVERY area that POV excels.. including those that other progs
excel at too.

After all, that's one of the beauties of text scene files, they can take up
so little space, especially when compressed in the prog distribution.

I'd like the distro to have many more scene files, perhaps donated by users.
Obviously, POV 3.5 would have to be out for a while before people could code
scenes for it, but there'll no doubt be program updates, and they could be
included there.

Andy