POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stellation 39 with photons! : Re: Stellation 19 with photons! Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stellation 19 with photons!
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 23 Apr 2001 14:09:32
Message: <3ae46fdc@news.povray.org>
> > Did you specify ignore_photons in the glass photon block. If not then it
> > could be that photons are being stored on the glass surface but also
going
> > through the glass and being stored on the ground surface. Hence more
stored
> > photons, just another guess :)
>
> Ah, no I didn't. It looks better without ignore_photons imo, hey, real
glass
> doesn't ignore photons!

Well I'm glad we got that one sorted out as I had no more guesses left :)
Yeah, glass doesn't ignore photons but sometimes the photons get stuck at
the base of a glass object, i.e a drinking glass, and ignore_photons needs
to be used, but with yours only touching the ground surface at small points
it's ok

Kev
--
http://perso.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis