POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: klavier, piano, pianoforte...(173 KB) : Re: klavier, piano, pianoforte...(173 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: klavier, piano, pianoforte...(173 KB)
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Apr 2001 09:29:02
Message: <3ae18b1e@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> It's the first time I try to make a wood texture with the wrinkles
pattern:
> maybe it looks a bit odd, but I like it. I also used the wrinkles pattern
> for the finish map of the wood (actually a texture map...).

I like it too.  Got a bench in the works?  I don't know pianos beyond what
my mother has (grandmother and sister too), but they are 3 foot pedals not
just the two.  Low, all, and high reverb I guess.
Your wood texture takes some getting used to but it does look nice to me,
albeit so clean that I expect to see reflection.  A good candidate for a
little of MegaPov's blurred reflection perhaps (in a scene) except for
slowing the render up.
You'll probably need to increase the AA sampling depth to more than 3x3 for
those fine lines inbetween the keys.
There's my few comments anyway.

Bob H.