POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Big picture you've all been waiting for: : Re: The Big picture you've all been waiting for: Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Big picture you've all been waiting for:
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Apr 2001 13:32:29
Message: <3adf212c@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> That's right! 246K - high-detail.
> http://www.pietyhillcottages.com/Images/water04.jpg
> Something has been pointed out to me - the girl looks like she doesn't
> have anything on over the waist.  She does, and I've taken steps to make
> it more apparent (and wetsuit-like) in the final.
> Enjoy!

I'm curious about the girl too.  How was the hair done?  It looks
unantialiased, though everything else is.  Her face looks a little funny,
and the proportions seem off on body size, somehow.

The blimp on the lower edge makes my eye want to move down into the pit, and
it can't, because that's the direction of motion.  Ideally, you should
position it such that the direction of motion pulls back into the scene.
(and yeah, I know that the blimp is moving into the scene, but it's balanced
enough in shape that my eye wants to backtrack)

Geoff