POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Apr 2001 07:37:59
Message: <3adece17@news.povray.org>

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the bounding block for each brick is calculated based upon the
>> positions of their eight vertices and the curvature of the tower they belong
>> to.  It's given a 1 % growth just to give a bit of extra room.
>>

> How about a hierarchical bounding structure, i made very good experiences
> with regular tilings using recursive macros, in your case things are much
> more complicated of course.

Well, sections are unioned together, so that should bound them somewhat.
So, for example, the front tower is made up of the base unit, the upper
unit, the outward sloping part of the crennelations and the wall part of the
crennelations.  That what you're talking about, or are you thinking of
bounding it at smaller segments than that?

Geoff