POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : free borland : Re: free borland Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: free borland
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 18 Apr 2001 09:58:12
Message: <3add9d74@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk wrote in message <3ADC73B0.2D96A0AB@aetec.ee>...
> Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:
> > Is there any person who had sucesfully compiled povray and/or mega pov for
> > windows with free line commands tools from Borland Museum ?
>
> Yes, I've. Couple of tips:

Thanks for your help. I did it !

> both POVRay and Borland have file mem.h (Borland includes this file in
> standard header file memory.h) and this creates number of problems.

My problem was strange message: "_WIN32_IE setting conflicts with _WIN32_WINNT
setting" announced at begining of prsht.h - but after your suggestion with
renamed mem.h it disappeared.

> I'll post makefile and configuration file for Borland compiler for
> MegaPOV in povray.binaries.programming.

Your makefile is for standard povray not for megapov but there is no problem for
me to generate proper makefile for megapov of for my own compilation of pov

> This makefile contains lots of crap, but it
> worked for me...

it needs additional parameter for linker -P32 becouse default page size is to
small

> Warning: I'm afraid, that free version comes without optimizer: I've
> tried to compile with and without optimization and there is no
> difference, result is still much slower than VC++ version.

Have you installed both service packs on your bcc55 ?

> So for
> release You want probably to compile with other compiler.

Djgpp has possibility to compile binaries for windows but I never tested it.
Djgpp has omptimizations as every gcc based compiler and perhaps there is gate
to open-free-legal world :-)
Little more at http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq3_6.html

ABX