POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 17 Apr 2001 08:07:23
Message: <3adc31fb@news.povray.org>
Abe <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote:

> A couple things I would mention.
> - In daylight this castle looks a little too clean.

Yeah.  Need to scum it up a bit more.

> - The green growth around the water line is not dark or scumy enough.

Well, since the water is a new thing, I hadn't gotten to retexturing
anything for the new pic, but you're right.

> - The person needs better texturing.

Well, the person is probably being removed, if I go with this version.  A
sad man throwing away things doesn't fit this mood.

> ... and please let the sky and clouds do justice to your work on the
> castle!

That would require developing good, fast clouds, and I don't know how (good
*or* fast, I know), and I'd rather work on details on the castle itself.

> I would be intrigued by some mysterious corresponding glow down under
> the water (does this mean a sunset for dimmer ambient lighting to afford
> appropriate contrast?).

Not necessarily.  The glow shows under the water, it just wasn't appealing.
That and the render time goes up a *lot* when doing it.

Geoff