POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 17 Apr 2001 07:35:11
Message: <3adc2a6f@news.povray.org>
David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> I really like how you can see a lot more detail, but the mood _is_ lost.  IMO th
> moss looks much better in this lighting tho.

Yeah, the mood is totally different.  I like the mood of the original, but
the mood of this one isn't bad, just... different.  Have to go with
different characters though.  The figure throwing something away just
doesn't work on a bright, sunny day.

> Perhaps there is some way you could reach a mid-light-level compromise...

I've tried, but I didn't get much of anywhere.  I tried using the water in
the dark, but the lighting was all screwed up by the water's ior and such.
Making the dark version too much brighter messes up the mood as well, but
maybe I can put some point sources (torches or something) to bring out some
of the details.

Hmmmm.

Geoff