POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 17 Apr 2001 07:31:10
Message: <3adc297e@news.povray.org>
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote:

> Is it ? ... wow ...
> Anyway you should try to reverse the bumps ...
> From the pattern itself I think its a crackle-pattern with some
> turbulence, but I maybe wrong, again ...

It's a Ridged MF.  I'm still getting the hang of using rmf.  Any good
tutorials out there that show what the numbers actually do?  The
descriptions in the MPov docs don't really tell me much, and they're slow to
render, so I'm loathe to experiment much.

On a different topic (the original one, actually)  Why do you think the
bumps need reversed?

Geoff