POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : watch (40 Kb) : Re: watch (40 Kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: watch (40 Kb)
From: David C  Jones
Date: 17 Apr 2001 00:34:44
Message: <3adbc7e4@news.povray.org>
"Andrea Ryan" <ary### [at] global2000net> wrote in message
> Wow.  A watch face with no image maps seems difficult.  How was it made?
Is
> it made of cylinders, boxes placed with macros and text rotated so it
faces up?

I can't speak for Alberto, but for the animation that Josh and I did for the
IRTC I made a 3D clock face.  Opposite of the stopwatch though, we turned
that into an imagemap for what we needed to do with it.  Pic and code is
below if you are interested.  A previous version of this used paper thin
boxes instead of cylinders capped with spheres, but I wanted a more 3-D
effect than what I had in the first round.

Davy

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clokface.pov.txt' (12 KB) Download 'clokface.bmp.dat' (226 KB)